Thursday, August 9, 2007

Crookshank's Harry Potter

For Sirius and Remus, filled with love and catnip


When my friend Kara had kittens, and named them after two of my favorite characters from the wonderful series, I knew I had to make them something and I knew what it had to be. Thus was born Harry Potter yarn-style.

Knit on 3.4 with leftover scrap yarn, his sweater is a flat square knit up the back (CO 24) with gray yarn, arms and lets are knit in the round (CO 9 and 12 respectively) with black yarn and white for hands.
The head I picked up sts from the top of the sweater and joined in the round, knit 3 rows, *M1 every 3rd st, k1 row, rep from * 3 times, k 3 or 4 rows, then decreased by ssl and k2tog on either side of the face twice around, then 2tog every other all around, pull sts through tight.
His cloak is just a st st triangle. Hair and features are sewn on, and tie is a colored piece of cloth sewed on. He is then stuffed with cotton balls and a lot of organic catnip.

Long Live Harry Potter!!

1 comment:

ALF said...

AhhhH! I love it!