Tuesday, January 15, 2008

the hoodie

For Jayson

May I formally present the largest and longest project I have endeavored and accomplished, the Shogun Saints black Hoodie and Jacket. Shown here by it's recipient, my brother Jayson, this represents:12 skeins of yarn, 2 re-starts, 10 inches (vertical) of backwards knitting, hand drawn patterns, an entire couch devoted only to materials and pieces for weeks, hours of stitching, months worth of knitting and an entire season of Star Trek.


For no greater love is there than this: to knit a hoodie for one's brother. Finished dimensions are 30 in + 14 in hood tall, and 40 in around, modified from the Hardcore Hoodie with longer torso and sleeves, minus buttons and plus pockets. Also Includes my own design on the back; requested as a personal symbol of the wearer himself.


Looks happy doesn't he? He better be, because it took forever. But now I have finally managed to knit him something he will wear and love, which of course is the entire purpose. Happy Christmas Jayson, with tons of love and yarn.

1 comment:

ALF said...

Yay Kaydo! I have to be honest, I thought you were crazy when you told me you were going to knit a hoodie, but you did it! :-) That doesn't exactly prove your sanity though I suppose...