Wednesday, September 10, 2008

the monet bag

For Alexa, from Sam




Upon my return, this summer has been spent attempting to do research and studying for my PhD qualifiers: a huge 28 hour exam (with a 6 hour break for sleeping) that covered all of the material that we had learned throughout the past year, and if we fail we will not be allowed to get a PhD. I finally completed the exam last week, and all I did the next weekend was knit and watch movies as my brain attempted to recover from this ordeal. It was a wonderful break, and it was about time I paid an old dept.

I had been asked, long long ago, by a friend who admired this design as previously posted on the site, if I would be willing to knit one as a gift for him to give to his sister, and he in turn would exchange it for some of his own art and design. I now present to you the Monet bag, forAlexa.

Pattern is the brea bag, yarn a soft white, the inside sewn with Monet fabric, strap of moss stitch and a tie instead of a button. An artistic and sophisticated purse for the next time they get together, may he take her somewhere fancy.



3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Beautiful! Who's that hot model you found for your blog?

carina said...

lovely m'dear. When do you get results back from your quals?

speaking of which, you should check out this http://www.phdcomics.com/

It's comics written by a grad student at Stanford I think. It's pretty funny, and I imagine it would be even funnier if I were in grad school.

ALF said...

Yay! It's so pretty. I like the color, although I do hope it doesn't get dirty.
Did you hear back yet about your exams???
My kitten says hi. :-D