Oh fellow bloggers and watchful followers! The time has come to embark on a unique and dangerous quest, a quest wrote with peril and bruised fingertips, of frustration and endless nights, a path which leads ultimately to glory, fame, salvation, and a normal sleep schedule!
Here are the challenges we face:
FINALS week draws ever near; the looming cloud of dread, the great gray beast of March!
The poisonous MASTERS THESIS, with razor sharp fangs, slowly draining all hope!
The hunt for the sly and elusive PHD FUNDING, like trying to catch smoke!
Our only weapon against all pain, sorrow, and ultimate madness: KNITTING
At the end of March, I am leaving California, never to academically return. While I am thrilled by the prospect of the Colorado PhD, I am also saddened by the thought of the friends I will leave behind. To lighten that burden, and to garnish my weapon against evil, I have decided to knit hats for everyone I like or owe money in my department. This means 16 hats.
This is where you come in.
Send me your favorite hat pattern. Be it your easiest, fastest, most fun to make, done with your favorite leftover materials, or simply your most FULL OF AWESOME HAT PATTERN, I want to see them.
Your gallantry will never be forgot! Bless you, o knitters of the realm!
1 comment:
http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/hats/pumpkin-hat.htm
I recommend the pumpkin hat, it knits up really fast and if you close it differently and use different colors it could just a be a nice plain ribbed hat.
I shall hunt up more patterns. I found a cute baby apple hat, but I don't think you're knitting for any babies...
Post a Comment