May I present one of my most favorite projects in a long while; a beach throw for Ben's parents that I brought as a house warming gift when we visited in Puerto Rico. I loved the way it looked thrown over the back of a chair facing a window with a view of the ocean. The lace pattern is feathers and fans, so I figured this is the perfect meeting of sea and sky.
From the BrooklenTweed Hemlock Ring pattern, this was actually much easier to knit than it looks. K on circular US 10s, it is the perfect airplane project with one set of needles, one pattern, and lots of beautiful soft yarn, and it turns out very impressive. I will echo others advice when they say count your stitches on this one, but usually it is pretty easy to tell when something is wrong; counting is easier when every other st is supposed to be a yo! More pics on my ravelry account if you care to see.
1 comment:
Tooo pretty! You are an amazing knitter. I need to start working on my afghans again.
Post a Comment