Tuesday, November 23, 2010

felting again

beached whale slippers

Remember when I tried to felt slippers and failed fantastically? Well, it is high time for another attempt! I am going to make a pair of felted clogs (pattern available for download from Fiber Trends), and this time I was very careful when purchasing the yarn. Passing by perfectly sound wool skeins, I bought the yarn that said in big, bold letters: PERFECT FOR FELTING. I've knit the first slipper, and it's HUGE. This is an actual size picture of me with the un-felted slipper. I've just got to finish up the other one, stuff them in my washing machine, and I'll let you know how they come out! Fingers crossed my whales turn out like slippers somehow.

4 comments:

kt said...

Let me know when I can uncross my fingers!!!!

Kaydo said...

You can un-cross! Looks like they came out great... I'll have some pics soon :)

Mindy said...

You're adorable.

Kaydo said...

why thank you :)