Sunday, February 26, 2012

herringbone



The pattern is big herringbone cowl by the purl bee in knit pick's comfy worsted blackberry.  This was one of the most enjoyable projects I have done in a while. The yarn is soft and has a wonderful stitch definition and drape.  And the pattern... I am in love with the construction of this pattern. It is entirely unique. Using worsted weight yarn, the fabric comes together with overlaps of draping stitches from large needles, creating a beautiful woven effect.


Using beta from fellow knitters, I purchased an interchangeable needle set so I could use 13s on the left and 17s on the right.  This really helped to make the pattern construction less frustrating, and instead was a pure delight to knit as a commissioned project for my friend.  Details here.  If you are looking for a project with wonderful structure and thoughtful construction, please consider this.  I will absolutely be knitting this one again.

No comments: