I am having a bit of an existential crisis over here, and I was hoping for your input. It would appear that I can no longer bake with gluten.
Last week, DH asked me to make some brownies for his class, who had impressively earned enough 'brownie points' to get the brownies. I turned to one of my favorite standby recipes from the old days (gluten filled). It's been years since I made brownies with gluten. And between now and then, I have lost the ability to work with it, apparently. These brownies were a disaster; they wouldn't solidify and finally I burned the bottom to a hard rock trying to get them to form into the deep delicious brownies I had baked before. Brownie fail.
And this is not the only crisis I have faced! Only last month I tried to make Carrie's amazing looking carbomb cupcakes, and they imploded. Carbomb fail.
I've lost my gluten intuition, the guiding force of baking without failure. Should I just let the gluten go?
2 comments:
This is hilarious. Baking with gluten is so much easieeeeer. If you prefer going without, go without. But don't overthink it too much. They are different, but not SOOO different! Just keep a nice light hand with your flour :D
you are right! I will try to NOT PANIC and hopefully I can keep in touch with all kinds of wonderful flours :)
Post a Comment