Monday, July 15, 2013

forty & forty one

Lindsey and Culebra


The 14er season has begun!  This past weekend we took on two peaks in the Sangro de Cristo range.  Day one: Lindsey was a success even if we were a little slow.  View from the summit above.  During lunch on the saddle, the locals were very friendly. 


Day two: Culebra was an interesting hike because there is no official trail.  We wandered through elk territory up to the ridge, and followed the horseshoe curve to the summit.  It was a nice and quick hike with beautiful views of the valley floor. 


We've made it to the 40s! I wish I could say this meant we are 68% to completion, but the hikes we have left are all class 3 to class 4 ... we'll see how we do....  Also, we've realized it has taken us 11 years to get this far.  Wow. 

1 comment:

kt said...

You're doing great! I haven't hiked a single 14er! You guys are amazing :)