Friday, September 11, 2015

The final 14ers

The Chicago basin: Sunlight, Windom, Elois

This was the most amazing weekend. First, an awesome group of people agreed to accompany me on our final adventure. Then, we drive to Silverton, got on a train, got off the train in the middle of nowhere, and hiked for 6 miles in the rain to base camp. It took us two days and all our energy to bag the peaks in the basin, and it was so great to have the support of our friends! On the last day, it was looking like we might not finish due to weather. When my Dad and I stepped up onto the summit of Mt Elois, I was so overwhelmed I actually cried. This has been the most incredible adventure. I am so proud of us and I feel so lucky to have been able to share this journey with my Dad, and with all of you!

Thank you all for your support!! I love Colorado!

No comments: