Thursday, October 7, 2010

black cat hat

for a fuzzy warm october feeling


This is meant to duplicate a hat my dear friend fell in love with while window shopping in dc. I think it came out pretty cute, using the official kitty-ville hat pattern.

Yarn is homespun by Lions Brand; it is super bunchy and very difficult to gage. Took me three re-casts and calculating to get a hat sized hat, because the gage with this yarn seems to get larger the more stitches you have cast on. I started out with way too many, and then did a calculation to adjust, and ended up with two few, before I finally found a good count (60, on 6s) But the fabric does turn out very soft and nice. Hat is super comfy to wear.

Ears: knit in the round instead of flat PU 16 in a tight oval and decreased on both sides instead of one, still in pattern.

Happy October!
May black cats often cross your path (I understand it's good luck.)

No comments: