Wednesday, October 13, 2010

leaves

knitted leaves in the act of falling

couldn't resist knitting up this pattern at just this this time of year. Warm and bright for a cold autumn day, with just a touch of elegance. I love this pattern.


Worsted weight yarn (Version 2) used size 4 DPs for crown, and Cir 5s for the body. Only 2 pattern repeats for the body, and bound off in rib pattern for that slightly short, popular beanie style. I really hope the recipient will love it too!

2 comments:

kt said...

Your hair is so long! And I love this hat. Will you send me the full version of the pattern?

<3 <3 <3

Kaydo said...

It's a knitty pattern:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/PATTfoliage.html

I did version 2, with worsted yarn. The pattern comes out a little big if you do it as is, so I used 4s for the crown and a 5 circular for the body (instead of 5 and 7)

And, as I mentioned, I only did 2 pattern repeats in the body (instead of the recommended 3)

I hope this helps!