This weekend I attended a one year old's Dr. Seuss themed birthday party, and brought this as my gift.The pattern I used was much more difficult than it really needed to be. Here is what I did instead:
Make the hat:
- Make a baby sized stockinette st hat. For a 1 year old (19 in cir), size 8 needles, CO 76.
- Change color every inch or so, I did every 5 rows: yellow, dark blue, light blue, red.
- Decrease to make crown after 7in (place marker every 6 and k2tog before each, every other row, until 8 are left, pull yarn thru)
Make propeller:
- With contrasting yarn held double, (I used white), PU 3 sts at top of hat.
- Knit in I-cord for 1 inch
- CO 3 sts, knit across all st, CO 3 more.
- Knit across all sts (x2)
- BO all sts.
- Fold over the flat knitted section lengthwise and sew into place. It also helps to pull the yarn thru the center of the icord to make the propeller pinch in the middle a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment