Wednesday, June 29, 2011

los cabos

Honeymoon socks!

Originally I was told to expect a 30 hr plain flight to my mystery honeymoon, so I planned a whole project for the flight. Something nice and compact, on size 1 needles and bright yarn. As it turned out, it would only be about 3 hours each way, so I only got one sock done.

I love this pattern; sunday swing from knitty. The some-what lace pattern is easy to follow, and highlights the color change of the hand-dyed yarn.

The pattern of the yarn reminds me of the sandy beaches outside San Jose del Cabo, the ocean of Cabo Pumo, and the twists of the ocean carved rocks at Land’s End.

This picture was taken as I was knitting out on the balcony of our hotel room, over looking the ocean.

1 comment:

kt said...

So pretty! Think how many socks you could have knit if you went to Antarctica!